This post is a little self indulgent since it’s all about my annual family reunion camping vacation. Hopefully by reading my experiences you’ll remember some of your favorite vacation moments.
Here they are (in no particular order) my top 10 vacation highlights:
1. Seeing and socializing with family that I haven’t seen in awhile. I’ve said it before; Facebook is great for staying connected but it doesn’t compare to in person conversations.
2. Raspberry Creme Pie! It’s a family recipe and a family favorite. If I remember right we went through 5 or 6 of them and one was even made in my Grandmother’s pie tin.
3. Spending a few hours disc golfing with my brother. We very rarely get the chance to hang out just the two of us and when we do he’s usually helping me with some project. We played 18 holes on one course and 3 on another (the other 6 were under water). It was a fun time even though he won fairly easily. If we plan on doing this again sometime in the future, then I should probably get some practice in. Maybe I should take a look at this site here (https://shopindoorgolf.com/pages/best-indoor-golf-simulators), so that I could practice at home.
4. Fishing with my Uncles. Everything I know about fishing I’ve learned from them… and I learn something new every time.
5. Our fish fry. This is becoming a tradition. One of my Uncles does the frying and I cut the fish into pieces. This trip he brought some red snapper, crappie, and walleye. We had camping surf and turf. A little steak, some fish… delish!
6. Cruising on my Uncle’s boat. There’s something really relaxing about being out on the water.
7. Campfire conversations and s’mores. There’s something about a crackling fire that brings out great stories. I must say though, next time I’d rather hire a campervan as you can still have all of these wonderful experiences but in far better comfort. I know of a good Cairns campervan hire company, so I just need to find the same kind of thing in this area.
8. Apple Sauce bars. Another family favorite. A pan of these doesn’t last long around our crew.
9. Taking a group photo. We actually took two. One with all 11 Ford’s and their owners. The other one was of our group of 38 in matching t-shirts.
10. Watching all the kids having fun with each other. Bikes, bubbles, scooters, sticks… they played with them all just like kids should.
11. Had to throw in one more… the impromptu pizza party we had at the hotel that part of the group was staying at. The rain didn’t stop us from having a great time.
There you go. My top vacation moments. What is the best family vacation you ever had? Where did you go and why was it the best? For many Americans, RV vacations are the way to go. With seemingly limitless destinations available to you all from the comfort of your vehicle, it’s no wonder so many families consider this the cream of the crop when it comes to vacations. RV owners will want to ensure they maintain their vehicle with quality equipment, like rv batteries from Lifeline.