I’m turning this blog post over to my oldest daughter. She’s been a guest blogger here a time or two before and asked if she could share some fun, Fall, family activities. I figured why not. She came up with a great list. I’m glad that she’s taken an interest in my blog. Plus, it gives me the night off.
Here’s a countdown of my favorite fun things to do with my family during the Fall.
10. Go to a pumpkin patch and pick out a pumpkin. Many have lots of fun activities like big bouncy pillows, hayrides, and corn mazes.
9. Carve Pumpkins. Make fun faces or cool patterns. You could also try painting them. Don’t forget to save the seeds to roast.
8. Have a marathon cooking day. What’s more fun than spending all day making making some of your favorite foods? I like to make lasagna, apple crisp, cupcakes, chicken, mashed potatoes, and breakfast burritos with my Dad.
7. Take an afternoon off and enjoy a movie at home. Make some popcorn, smoothies, and just relax.
6. Make shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. This is a great organization and it is super fun for all ages.
5. Make apple cider. Rent a cider press and spend all day cutting and pressing apples.
4. Have fun making homemade Halloween costumes.
3. Try some new foods. I recently figured out that adding kale to a fruit smoothie tastes pretty good and makes it really healthy.
1. Take a road trip. Our family has gone to Kansas City, Minneapolis, and Omaha before. Getting away for a day or two is always a good thing.