One of the things I had on my Christmas list this past holiday season was a hand (or immersion) blender. It’s one of those kitchen tools I’ve never owned but always thought would be handy.
I had forgotten it was even on my list but sure enough, at our last Christmas gathering, I unwrapped one. It was a Cuisinart Smart Stick Two Speed Hand Blender.
Having never used one before I scoured the included book for recommended recipes and uses. I even talked to a good friend about how he uses his.
He was full of good tips. Including using it for everything from making shakes and protein drinks to mixing your scrambled eggs.
Tonight, with the help of my youngest, we gave it a try… making smoothies for the family. I ran the blender and she added the ingredients.
We had a pretty good system down and the smoothies turned out great!
So, what did I think of the Cuisinart Smart Stick Two Speed Hand Blender?
- If you’re making just one smoothie it’s great but if you’re making more it’ll take more time than if you used a regular blender like a Ninja.
- But… using the hand blender everyone can choose their own ingredients.
- It would work better if you partially thawed the frozen fruit. I didn’t and we had some chunks that didn’t blend well. Not really a big deal but worth mentioning.
- The hand blender is much easier to clean than a regular blender pitcher and lid.
- The texture of the smoothie seemed to be more airy. This got me thinking about blending some warmed up milk and adding it to strong coffee to make a homemade latte.
- I can’t wait give it a try on other things. Next up will be: scrambled eggs, blended soups, guacamole, and the previously mentioned latte.