That’s not the direction I chose to go. I decided to focus on the beauty of God’s creation. The place we all call home… Earth.
Today I chose to embrace Psalm 145:5 (NRSV).
“On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.”
On my commute I witnessed many images of “glorious splendor” and “wondrous works.” These are just a few of the many things I thought about and gave thanks for today:
– The bright blues, yellows, and oranges of the rising sun and morning sky.
– The earthy browns and blacks of worked dirt in the fields.
– Vibrant purples and whites in flowering trees.
– The bright red and beautiful song of the cardinal in our tree.
– Plants and lawns beaming bright green from recent rains.
– Fluffy white clouds.
Yes! Earth is a beautiful creation if you open your eyes and take notice. Today for Earth Day, and every day, we should do all we can to protect that beauty.
What Earth Day memories do you have?
Here’s what Pope Francis had to say about Earth Day: