How is it even possible that it’s time to write another one of these posts? It seems like just yesterday I was writing November’s.
Yet, here we are. Time for me to take stock of what I’m into and share it with you.
What I’m Into Right Now – December 2017
Bagels – My kids got me started on these recently. They each have their favorite flavor. One likes raisin topped with butter. The other likes apple cinnamon with plain cream cheese. My go-to choice is a toasted onion bagel with light cream cheese.
Hoodies – I love colder weather and hoodies. They’re warm and comfortable.
On The Rocks – This new album from country group Midland is awesome. I’ve had it on repeat for a while now and will probably write a full review soon.
Smart Home Products – Over Black Friday weekend I used the remainder of last year’s Christmas money I had been saving on a Google Home Mini, a few smart plugs, and smart light bulbs. It’s been fun seeing how they work together and what you can do with the technology. I’ll probably be doing a write up on all of that too.
Heated Mattress Pads – I really don’t like getting into a cold bed and as long as I remember to turn on our heated mattress pad I don’t have to. I prefer them to electric blankets.
What are you into right now?
As the long Thanksgiving weekend winds down I’ve had some time to reflect on a few of the things I’m thankful for. I checked and it’s been 3 years since I last shared a list, so I thought it was time I made a new list.
I’m sure there will be repeats on this list from the last one… but that’s to be expected as some of the core things shouldn’t change.
30 Things I’m Thankful For
- Family – This one will always be at the top of my list! I love them more than anything.
- Friends – I’ve got some really great friends… both in real life and online.
- Small town living – Bigger cities are great but I love living in a small town. It’s great to be filling up at the local gas station and have a conversation with someone you know over at the next pump.
- Music – I love all types of music and discovering new songs and artists. Besides, being a country DJ, music provides me with a paycheck.
- My listeners – I really do have the best listeners.
- Readers of this blog – I know I have some faithful readers that have been with me since the beginning and new ones discovering my content every day. Doesn’t matter which group you’re in, I’m thankful for everyone that takes a little time to read what I have to say.
- Teachers and Coaches – My daughters have some great ones! I hope they know that they are appreciated.
- Technology – I’m always amazed at the new things that you can do with technology and am always looking for new ways to use it. Recently, I took a few steps into turning our house into a smart home. Look for a post on that soon.
- My job – I love what I do!
- Hoodies – I never considered myself a sweatshirt guy but my wife and daughters got me a hoodie and I loved it. I now have 4 and wear one whenever I can.
- Vehicles that run – My family is busy and our vehicles get us where we need to go.
- Cast Iron Cookware – Regular readers probably could’ve guessed this would make my list.
- Our local mechanic – When you have older vehicles like we do it’s good to have a mechanic you can trust… and we do!
- Chromebooks – They’re lightweight, durable, and budget-friendly computers! I use mine daily for social media and blogging.
- Health – My family and I are healthy. That’s a blessing.
- Heated mattress pads – We drop the temperature in our house at night and our mattress pad keeps me warm.
- Ribeyes – I’m a fan of all meat… but if I was forced to choose a favorite this would be it.
- Portable battery packs – When I’m on-the-go and need to keep my devices powered my battery pack keeps me going. This is the one I use.
- Wifi – This is becoming a needed utility like water and electricity.
- Alone time – I love my family and friends but sometimes I just need to be by myself.
- Law enforcement – They keep our communities safe and deserve our appreciation.
- Military – They keep our country safe and deserve our appreciation.
- Contacts – I’ve had glasses since I was in 3rd grade. I waited until I was 40 to try contacts. Wish I would’ve done it a lot sooner.
- Our Church & Church Family – Sunday mornings are one of my favorite times of the week.
- Small Businesses – I know many small business owners. Every single one of them is passionate about their business and the customers and communities they serve.
- Coffee – I only have one cup a day… but I can’t think of a better way to start the day.
- Streaming services – Our family rarely watches live TV. We stream all our favorite shows and movies.
- Daughters that can cook – It makes me happy knowing they can fend for themselves… and happy to spread the family workload around.
- YouTube – I’ve been able to fix a lot of things (dryer, washer, vehicles, etc,) thanks to how-to videos people have shared.
- The view from our dining room window – We live on the edge of town so we have all the benefits of town life but still have a country view.
What are you thankful for right now?
As much as I’d like time to slow down it keeps tick-tocking along. It’s hard to believe another month has passed since I last shared a few things that have captured my interest. Here are a few of my current favorite things.
What I’m Into Right Now – November 2017
Apples – This is the best time of the year for apples and my family has really been enjoying them lately. Our favorites are Gala and Braeburn.
Caramel Dip – Nothing goes better with apples than caramel. We all like a sweet treat of apples and caramel dip.
Hot Tea – The weather has gotten colder and I like to warm up with a cup of hot tea. I usually have one or two cups of decaf hot tea a day… after my morning coffee, of course.
Gold Rush – I’ve become a big fan of this Discovery Channel “reality” show about gold miners in the Alaskan Klondike. There are several seasons available on Hulu and I’ve been watching at least one episode each night before bed.
Broadway Soundtracks – I’ve been fortunate enough to review several recent Des Moines Performing Arts Musical performances.
The shows were great and I’ve been reliving them by listening to their Broadway soundtracks. Something Rotten! and The Color Purple have been my recent favorites.
What are you into right now?