Every Saturday morning I take my oldest to ballet class. While she dances I’ve got two hours and fifteen minutes to look at all the grocery ads, make a meal plan for the week, and shop for what we need.
Since I have the time, I shop two different grocery stores getting the best deals at each. This morning while shopping I had lots of random thoughts pop into my head. I figured I’d share a few with you.
Random Thoughts While Saturday Morning Grocery Shopping
- The high temp is 52 degrees. 52! In December… in Iowa. If you chose today to ring a Salvation Army bell you got lucky!
- If I ever need adult diapers I’m ordering them online. They’re not going in my cart at the grocery store. Besides, the grocery store is probably the most expensive place to buy them.
- $2.99 for a 6 pack of Sidecar Orange Pale Ale. Never had it but I’ll try it. How bad can it be? To be honest, I’m not expecting much since they have a huge stack and knocked six bucks off the original price.
- Seriously, lady. It’s a pack of bacon. It’s already been inspected. Grab one and get out of the way. You’re causing a traffic jam.
- You’re writing a check? Who writes checks anymore?
- I’m not seeing the Cranberry 7Up. Did they not make any this holiday season?
- Buying all this food for our Christmas picnic makes me wish Christmas was tomorrow.
- No, I don’t wish Christmas was tomorrow. There’s still a lot of planning, preparing, and shopping to do.
- Glad we bought our Rolos early this year. They seem to be running low.
- When was the last time I wrote a check? It’s been awhile.
- Yeah. That’s right, old couple who remembered me from last week. We’re on the same shopping schedule. Let’s meet again in the bread aisle next week.
- I love how Hy-Vee is getting into the Christmas Spirit with their red and green colored checkout lights.
- Every time I hear Feliz Navidad I don’t think of Christmas. I think of tacos.
- This weather is crazy! The sun is shining. There’s no snow. People are wearing shorts and I’m a tad warm in this hoodie.
- I’ve always wanted to cook a prime rib roast but have been scared away by the cost. I’d hate to mess up a $50 cut of meat that I’ve never made before.
- Fareway always has the nicest people to bag your groceries and take them to your car. I think I would’ve liked that for a job in high school.
- I don’t even know where our checkbook is.
- Do we need almond bark? I bet we do. I’m only getting one package to make dipped pretzels this year. I remember how I’m always excited to make them but realize on the 5th pretzel how boring and tedious of a job it is.
- Anyone that’s wearing a Santa hat today is cool in my book. Unless it’s a Santa hat with your NFL team’s colors. Then it’s not Christmasy. It’s just a silly looking hat.
- Wow! If you get that dressed up to grocery shop on a Saturday morning I wonder what you wear to church on Sunday.
- How can eggs be 99 cents one week and 2.39 the next?
- Wait. I think our checkbook is in my wife’s purse.