It seems like it wasn’t that long ago when I wrote my 500th blog post. Now, here we are at the 1,000th one. Time sure flies when you’re having fun! In this milestone post, I want to do two things.
First, I want to thank you. Whether this is the first thing I’ve written that you’ve read… or you’ve been with me since the very beginning… THANK YOU! Your encouragement through likes, comments, retweets, and shares means the world to me!
Second, I’d like to look back on the past 500 posts and re-share a few favorites. You can find some of my favorites from my first 500 posts here.
I had fun sifting through some of the things I’ve written. It’s kind of like a window into my life. There’s favorite Bible verses, memories, recipes, tips, pictures with quotes… and even guest blog appearances by each of my daughters.
Reading back through these made me smile… and I hope it does the same for you. Thanks again supporting me and my blog. I look forward to hitting many more milestones.
Below are some of my favorites. If you have a favorite go ahead and mention it in the comments.
Some Of My Favorite Blog Posts
Guest Post: Crayola Crayon Wall Art
Guest Post: 10 Ways To Know You’re A Softball Player
First Ever Family Applefest
An Awesome Appetizer: BLT Bites
My Family’s Favorite 7 Layer Salad
Memory Monday – Forks
Wordless Wednesday – 4 Leaf Clover
A Parenting Lesson From A Shovel
Top 21 Dad Moments
A Big Day & Some Great Lessons
The Great Jolly Rancher Soda Taste Test
Tony Tries It: Geocaching
Weekly Verse – Family Fish Fry
Easy Mushroom & Swiss Turkey Burgers
Tony’s Top 10 Albums
Tony Tries It: Skittles Art
Fixing A Parenting Failure
Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
10 Worst Christmas Songs Of All Time
Weekly Verse – Thankful For My Church
My New Best Parenting Tip
Lesson Learned From A Lukewarm Shower
An Interesting Question
Easy 5 Ingredient Taco Dip
Whiskey Stones: Do They Work?
Weekly Verse – A Simple Smile
10 Songs That Make Me Smile
Tony Tries It: Grilled Frozen Pizza
Today my daughters and I spent 8 hours at the 2017 Iowa State Fair. They got to dance in the morning and then I had to work for a few hours at my radio station’s booth. It was a prime spot for people watching.
Throughout the day I had many thoughts. Here are a few of them.
Random Thoughts From The 2017 Iowa State Fair
- No one looks cool eating a turkey leg.
- I’m glad I don’t have to lug a life-size stuffed animal around the fair. Good luck with that, buddy.
- It takes a brave person to wear white shorts to the fair.
- Interesting group. One girl is wearing an offensive t-shirt (in my opinion). Her friend is wearing a shirt displaying a Bible verse. Do they cancel each other out?
- I don’t miss the days of wearing a baby carrier or pushing a stroller.
- It’s easy to tell the difference between the farm kids and the city kids.
- I wouldn’t look good with purple hair but you’re rocking it, grandma.
- Not everyone can get away with wearing yoga pants. I know I couldn’t.
- What some people think are funny t-shirts and appropriate to wear in public differs greatly from my opinion.
- I thought smoking was against fairgrounds rules. If it’s not, it should be.
- If you’re over the age of 18 temporary tattoos don’t look cute on you. Especially if they’re on your cheek.
- I think I’ve seen more wagons and motorized scooters than strollers today.
- What happened to the root beer stands? There used to be several of them.
- I wish our booth was 20 yards to the North. Then I’d be sitting right on top of a PokeStop and could collect items every 5 minutes.
- When I retire I want to volunteer at the fair.
- I’d love to take someone from another country on a tour of the fair and then interview them afterward.
- Everyone should experience the Iowa State Fair at least once in their life.
- I hope the sun stays under the clouds all day. It’s nice and cool today. I’m not used to this. Normally I’d be wearing a shirt soaked in sweat.
- Good thing I’m coming back again later this week because there is plenty I still need to see (and eat).
- Next year I’m going to enter one of the food competitions. I not sure which one but I will enter.
- I wonder what the most calories consumed by a single fairgoer in one day is.
- I bet I didn’t look cool eating this Iowa’s Big Pork Leg… but dang it was good!
What thoughts have you had at the Iowa State Fair?
It’s been fun having a great group of interns around the office this Summer. What isn’t fun is that, from time to time, they remind me that I’m not in my twenties (or thirties) anymore.
That was the case today when I made a joke that none of them got. It was a reference to Tony Danza and the 80’s sitcom Who’s The Boss. They all stared blankly at me.
“Please tell me you know who Tony Danza is,” I said. This was followed by more blank stares.
Yep. That little exchange made me feel old… and got me remembering my first celebrity crush. To me, Alyssa Milano was the real star of Who’s The Boss, not Tony Danza.
Alyssa Milano is the same age as me and my 14-year-old self thought she was funny… and hot! Truth be told, she’s still attractive and has had a great career.
I remember Who’s The Boss as being a really fun show and not wanting to miss an episode back then. Kind of makes me want to pull up an episode on YouTube just to see if it’s still as good as I remember.
Who was your first celebrity crush?