Music. It’s very personal. Certain songs and albums provide the soundtrack for our lives. Not sure why, but today I started thinking about my favorite albums.
I decided to try and come up with a list of my Top 10 Albums of All Time.
It’s hard to narrow down…. but I approached the task like this… if I could only listen to 10 albums for the rest of my life what albums would they be.
Turns out the list is pretty eclectic. Here they are in no particular order:
- Eric Church – Mr. Misunderstood – Great album from start to finish. You can read my review here.
- Chris Stapleton – Traveller – This is a return to real country music. Relatable lyrics, steel guitar, raw emotion… this album has it all.
- Billy Joel – Greatest Hits Volume 1 & 2 – If you don’t like Billy Joel I don’t know if we can be friends.
- Guns & Roses – Appetite For Destruction – Great music that brings back memories!
- Toby Mac – Alive & Transported – Toby Mac ranks right near the top of my favorite artists of all time. Choosing one album was difficult but this one has all my favorite songs and captures the energy of his live shows.
- Skillet – Comatose Comes Alive (Deluxe) Can you tell I love live albums? This one rocks… and the music has a positive message!
- Barenaked Ladies – All Their Greatest Hits (1991-2001) I have most of the Barenaked Ladies albums… but if I could only have one this would be it.
- Nora Jones – Come Away With Me – Her voice is smooth as butter. This album is perfection.
- Annie – (Original Broadway Cast Recording) – I have a personal connection to this album. Don’t think I’ve shared it yet. Perhaps it’ll show up in a Memory Monday post in the future.
- Casting Crowns – Casting Crowns – This album introduced me to contemporary christian music. For that I will be forever grateful.
- Carbon Leaf – Indian Summer – I honestly don’t remember how I came across this album but I’ve listened to it so much I can sing it from beginning to end without missing a note.
- Jason LeVasseur – The Opening Guy – Live at Eddie’s Attic – I was given this album to put a radio commercial together for a local show. I wasn’t expecting much but loved the sound and music. So much so that I ended up going to the show. It was awesome!
If you’re counting you probably realized that my list contained 12 albums. I just couldn’t narrow it down to 10!