There’s just over a week left of the first quarter of 2014! Can you believe it? It seems like the year just started a few weeks ago and now 25 percent of it is nearly gone. Instead of making resolutions this year I decided to make goals.
I thought now would be a good time to reflect on my goals for the year. See which ones I’ve been doing good at and which ones need a little more attention.
1. Pick one Bible verse to focus on and pray about each week. I’ve done good on this one. Each weekly verse has been documented here on this blog.
2. Continue to blog at least 3 times a week. I’ve been an overachiever on this one as I’m averaging about 6 blog posts a week.
3. Read at least 12 books and listen to at least 12 audio books. I’m on pace for this one. So far this year I’ve enjoyed Kitchen Confidential, 48 Days To The Work You Love, and The Traveler’s Gift.
4. Get up by 5:30am at least 3 days per week. Doing good on this one too! The silent alarm on my Fitbit Force goes off at 5:15am weekdays.
5. Have a date night with my wife at least once a month. Definitely need to step up our game on this one. I think we’re a month or two behind.
6. Have at least 1 family movie night per month. Doing pretty good on this one… especially if you count Dance Mom marathons.
7. Have at least one family outing per month. Doing OK on this one too Took in the Lego Movie as a family and did a quick mini-vacation to the Mall of America. Hopefully we’ll really get this one going once warmer weather hits.
8. Try at least 2 new recipes or foods per month. Failing at this one. If you have a great recipe you think I should try let me know. Seriously. Send me the recipe.
9. Make at least one networking phone call/contact per week. I’m behind on this one. I’ve made some but not 12. Gotta get serious about this one in Q2.
10. Drink at least 3 Tervis tumblers full of water a day. I’ve had good weeks on this one and others that weren’t good. I need to remember to log all the water I drink in the Fitbit Android App. When I do I always drink more. Maybe my cool new Tervis will help!
What goals are you doing the best at so far this year and what ones need a little more work?