There’s so much to pray about these days… in our families, communities, states, nation, and world.
I don’t need to tell you what to pray for. That’s none of my business. Plus, you already know what you want to pray for. So does God.
This week I’ve been praying… and thinking about prayer. I thought I’d do something different when sharing this week’s Bible verse.
Below is Psalms 5:1-2 from 3 different versions of the Bible. I think it’s always interesting to see the subtle differences between versions.
Hopefully, you do too…and that one of the versions will speak to you!
(NIV) Listen to my words, Lord, consider my lament. Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
(MSG) Listen, God! Please, pay attention! Can you make sense of these ramblings, my groans and cries? King-God, I need your help.
(KJV) Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
A little context for this picture: I saw this sign in a Home Depot parking lot a few weeks ago. It’s the first one I’ve seen. What a great idea!
Not long ago I shared my “Top 10 Posts I Don’t Want To See On Social Media“. In an effort for balance I thought I’d share the following list of things I enjoy seeing in my social media news feeds… in no particular order.
Top 10 Posts I Want To See On Social Media
- Pictures of your kids – (As long as they aren’t in the bathtub) I want to see these. I enjoy seeing them grow up!
- Pictures of your vacations – I don’t get to travel much so it’s great to live vicariously through my friends.
- Links to credible articles you find interesting – I love learning new things and being exposed to different viewpoints. I’ve got Facebook friends that are pastors, teachers, coaches, in law enforcement, in the military, etc… it’s great to see everyone’s take on things. Sometimes I learn as much from the comments on a link as I do the actual article. BTW, you’ll have a better chance of me clinking on the link if you tell me why you liked the article or something I should look for in it.
- Things you are proud of or what’s going good in your life – Feel free to celebrate! I want to celebrate with you.
- Prayer concerns – Again, feel free to share. I’d love to pray for what’s important to you.
- Cooking videos/Recipes – I’m always on the lookout for some new foods and recipes to try.
- Inspirational quotes – I love quotes… they’re even better if they’re on a cool picture.
- Bible verses – Got a Bible verse that’s on your heart? Don’t keep it to yourself. Share it!
- Life Hacks – See something cool about baking muffins in orange peels in a campfire or how to clean a coffee pot with ice cubes and salt? Cool time saving tips or things that will make my life easier are always welcome
- Random thoughts – If a thought crosses your mind that you find funny or interesting go ahead and share it. There’s a good chance I’ll like it.
What did I miss? What posts do you like to see in your newsfeed?